THOR 250 DUAL SPARK ENGINE: performance and safety in flight
All the best riders and the many passionately fond of paramotor flight say: "We have a liking for the Polini Thor engines. We know the history of this Italian company and the performing features of its products for scooter and motorbike. We appreciate THOR engines for their extraordinary qualities but now we're really amazed by a novelty as the new "THOR 250 DUAL SPARK" engine.
Well, just to say that Polini Motori is always looking for new gratifications in its job. Research by the R&D department is continuous and it aims to refine and improve more and more the products with one goal: "make the best even better".
From the experience of the THOR 250, Polini presents now the avant-garde THOR 250 DUAL SPARK. Polini THOR 250 DUAL SPARK engine is provided with two spark plugs and two independent ignitions to ensure maximum security features in each flight condition.
Liquid cooling system grants an extraordinary constancy of performance and more power at every RPM.
Polini THOR 250 DUAL SPARK engine has many more advanced solutions, including:
- The cylinder is die-cast in light alloy, it ensures a better thermal stability.
- The piston, gravity cast at high silicon content light alloy, reduces thermal expansion and the coupling slack. The design of the piston top is specific to optimize the compression ratio.
- It is provided with a balancing countershaft; this feature cancels the vibrations and guarantees such a driving comfort never felt during a flight and a longer life for the engine itself. The counter-rotating rollers decrease greatly the upsetting torque-steer for an extra comfort in flight.
- The centrifugal clutch is in oil bath with helicoid mechanical reduction.
- The electric starting is standard but to offer the maximum safety the engine is also equipped with manual starter with easy system thanks to the flash starter device that speeds up and simplifies the movements.
- It is equipped with the comfortable closed-circuit system for the recovery of fuel during transportation and the 12 V output for any use.
Small and compact THOR 250 DUAL SPARK engine has an extraordinary power to weight ratio.
Advanced technology and high performance of the new THOR 250 DUAL SPARK allow a better feeling of driving performance, making the flight more dynamic, responsive and sensitive, besides ensuring even greater stability.
The new THOR 250 DUAL SPARK engine adapts to different types of applications including as two-seat trikes, powered hang gliders, one-seat small three-axis, ULM motor-gliders
Polini THOR 250 DUAL SPARK is a 100% Made in Italy product.
• Part no. 928.000.019
|Polini Engine||2 stroke monocylinder|
|Bore for stroke||72 x 60|
|Power||36,5 HP at 7500 R.P.M.|
|Cylinder||Aluminum with Gilnisil coating|
|Piston||Two chromium plated rings mm 1|
|Intake||Reed valve in the crankcase|
|Air filter||Air box|
|Ignition 2||Electronic with battery|
|Battery charger||Output power 80 W at 5500 RPM|
|Spark plug hood||5k Ω resistance|
|Fuel type||Lead free petrol with 2% synthetic oil|
|Gear reduction unit||Helical teeth in oil bath with 2,8 reduction ratio|
|Starting||Electric starter + pull start with self winding cable FLASH STARTER|
|Clutch||Centrifugal in oil bath|
|Muffler||Expansion with oval silencer|
|Engine weight||18,5 Kg (19,5 kg with electric starter) without radiator|