SET OF FIVE TRIUMPHAL RACES
That was a week end rich in emotions, great agonistic performance and passionate duels, disputed in Pomposa, on the opening test of Polini Italian Cup 2013 with two double victories: Matteo Tiraferri (Scooter 70 Evolution Open), Simone Bartolini (Scooter 94 Big Evolution Open), Luca Zani (Scooter Fans 70 Evolution), Carlo Gurrieri (One-Brand Scooter 70 Evolution), Gianluca Cuttitta (Pit Bike XP 125 4T). Endless show and victory for the debut of Scooter Vespa Classic 135cc. where Alessandro De Bianco stood out, thanks to Matteo Piacentini’s best result in Race 2 on the second place of podium, but with the same score as the winner.
70 Evolution Open:
official supremacy In the first race of the most awaited class, Filippo Corsi sprints and gets the race leadership, but his team mate and reigning champion, Matteo Tiraferri, overtakes him right on the second turn, and leaves him behind. On third place Stefano Scribano’s Yamaha Jog scooter precedes the flying Dutch Sarik Roufs. The Dutch rider gets to third position thanks to Scribano’s fall, who excessively opens exhausting gas when getting out of the little hairpin curve, but manages to start again from eighth position. Tiraferri lonely wins with 4.2 seconds gap from the rest of the group, while on the last lap the unchained Roufs dangerously gets close to Corsi without overtaking him. Corsi and Tiraferri lead the Race 2 and leave a gap from Roufs. Tiraferri is glued to the rear wheel of his team mate, as the young Castellini recovers till he gets to fourth position. Tiraferri stops waiting and overtakes Corsi on half race, the two of them running paired till finish line, but there’s no bagarre on the last lap: double victory on this day for Matteo Tiraferri, then Corsi and the wild card rider Roufs closes a podium which is a copy of the first race. Castellini is fourth.
94 Big Open: Bartolini’s show
Ace-like start for Simone Bartolini who gets one second on the first lap from the chasers group. After three laps, the fugitive has two seconds advantage from Nico Morelli, while Scribano, the best Yamaha rider on race, has to withdraw his hope for posium. On seventh lap, Righetti engages a nice duel with Morelli for the second place. The same is for De Carolis and Vitali for the fifth position. At the end of race, Bartolini cuts lonely the finish line, as the defy between Morelli and Righetti gets to a bump on the last turn. Morelli gets on the saddle and cuts finish line on second position before Rota and De Carolis. Simone Bartolini has made the difference on the second race, too, takes the reins since the beginning and pulls ahead of his rivals, especially Morelli. The show was given by the “triple” composed of Julien Vitali, Antonio Righetti and Stefano Scribano. From half-race, the two Zip’s and Jog struggled till the last sprint to conquer the lowest place of podium, won by the official rider Polini.
What a debut for Vespa Classic 135cc
Start from front row for the poleman Matteo Piacentini who ends the first lap before Delbianco and Benini. During the second lap Delbianco slides on his green Vespa, like Benini, who doesn’t lose ground anyway, so Alberto Costa takes advantage of this double fall and gets second position. Recovery run for Delbianco who gets third position in a few laps after a tough fight with Costa, who tries to resist and slides, while Benini withdraws for technical problems, from his second position. Delbianco is second again on the starting grid and Piacentini conquers a lonely victory. Third place on podium for Leaso,, 24 seconds from the winner. In Race 2 Matteo Piacentini gets the leadership, followed by the green Vespa of Delbianco, lap after lap the distance between the first two gets shorter, until Piacentini makes a mistake and is bound to leave the position to Delbianco, who gives back the position to him by an act of great sportsmanship, but follows him till the overtake on the second to last lap. Final victory for Alessandro Delbianco, place of honour for Piacentini and third place, by 14 seconds gap, for Alberto Costa.
Fans 70 Evolution: double victory of Zani
Really crowded start in 70 Evolution Fans with 22 riders on the grid. Big confusion at the light, when Andrea Modena falls and Luca Zani takes first position. At the turning point, the leader gets a safety margin of some 7 tenths, but on the last laps Prischi is the real protagonist, who overtakes Fogliani and conquers the lowest place on the podium in the most engaging race, behind the winner Luca Zani and Alberto Zanetti. After the excellent start of Simone Prischi, Luca Zani leads Race 2 but can’t leave the chasers group. Two laps to go, the leading group of five riders is compact till the Prischi and Zanetti’s simultaneous slide. It is logic that Zani has a safety margin from Fogliani and Nuti. This is the final podium, as the two other slid protagonists end on ninth and eighteenth position.
One-Brand 70 Evolution: Gurrieri makes the difference
On Race 1 start, Ziarelli, Tognarelli and Gurrieri sprint and exchange their positions over and over in the first phase of the race. Moroni hooks into the leading trio and they give a show for half-race through overtakes, counter-overtakes and amazing sprints. Victory for Gurrieri with some tenths margin on Filippo Tognarelli and Davide Ziarelli, who end on second and third place, by 3 tenths gap between them. In Race 2, Marco Moroni springs into action and leads. Behind Tognarelli, Gurrieri, Ziarelli and Fabbri. The fight for victory is burning but the reigning champion pushes Moroni to mistake and error. Second on podium Davide Ziarelli who defeats Filippo Tognarelli. Moroni, back on his saddle, cuts finish line on fifth position.
Cuttitta leads Pit Bike
Supremacy of Gianluca Cuttitta who’s been escaping since the first lap of Race 1 and wins before Fabbri, Camorcia and Carminati. Identical race on the second start, even though Luigi Lauro manages to obtain the third place of podium.
Hobby Sport for the Fans
New formula with 4 shifts of 15 minutes for the scooter fans who wanted to try the thrill of the circuit on their bike. It was not absolutely about a race, at the end a souvenir award was given for an unforgettable day. Next meeting on May 26 on Airola circuit.
POLINI ITALIAN CUP NEWS
POLINI IN SICILY
Scooter races on circuit of Polini was put into effect even in Sicily, in collaboration with Trinacria Racing Cup Trophy. The first test on Racalmuto circuit on 4-5 May will have Polini official team in Scooter 70 Evolution. Promotions and interesting final awards are expected. Info 348-414194 - email@example.com
INTERNATIONAL RACE SCOOTER
Some foreign riders on start, too; Sarik Roufs and Bart Klazen Polini Holland Team, Lukas Blaha and Pavel Gellner of Czech Republic Polini Team and the Slovenian Martin Mihael. Really remarkable of these five are the Dutch Roufs, third absolute on podium of Scooter 70 Evolution Open.
POLINI NORTH ITALIAN BY POPULAR DEMAND
This year, Polini supports Endurance Canavese Tournament for One-brand and Vespa scooter, all by 50 and 80 cc. The first meeting is planned for May 12 in Forno Canavese. Info: tel. 347-8437002
SOUTH ITALIAN TROPHY CUP
Among the events on which Polini has a partnership, the Italian Trophy shows scooter circuit races 70/94cc, Pit Bike. Tests will be in Lazio, Campania, Basilicata and South Italy. First meeting on May 12 in Casalvelino (SA) Info tel. 3347832800, 333-3545346, firstname.lastname@example.org
SISTI WE WAIT FOR YOU
All paddock wanted to send a warm greeting to Adriano Sisti, absent for a serious accident, that made all fear the worse. The rider form Lazio is luckily getting over the consequences of the fall, as he was training for the opening of Polini Italian Cup.
TECHNIQUE: BIG EVOLUTION LIMITED EDITION MUFFLER
Polini Big Evolution Limited Edition muffler stands out for the specific features aiming to assure the maximum performances and take advantage of the of Piaggio motors power, equipped with Polini Big Evolution cylinders 100% made in Italy product. On www.polini.com all technical infos.
ONE-BRAND SCOOTER 70cc EVOLUTION
1. Gurrieri; 2. Tognarelli; 3. Ziarelli; 4. Fabbri; 5. Moroni; 6. Zavoli; 7. Picciallo; 8. Mancuso.
1. Gurrieri; 2. Ziarelli; 3. Tognarelli; 4. Zavoli; 5. Moroni; 6. Del Bonifro; 7. Picciallo; 8. Mancuso.
1. Gurrieri 50; 2. Ziarelli 36; 3. Tognarelli 36; 4. Zavoli 23; 5. Moroni 22; 6. Picciallo 18; 7. Mancuso 16; 8. Fabbri 13; 9. Del Bonifro; 10.
SCOOTER OPEN 70cc EVOLUTION
1. Tiraferri; 2. Corsi; 3. Roufs; 4. Castellini; 5. Longo; 6. Gabellini; 7. Garzaro; 8. Scribano; 9. Klazen; 10. Gellner; 11. Blaha.
1. Tiraferri; 2. Corsi; 3. Roufs; 4. Castellini; 5. Gabellini; 6. Scribano; 7. Longo; 8. Garzaro; 9. Klazen; 10. Gellner.
1. Tiraferri 50; 2. Corsi 40; 3. Roufs 32; 4. Castellini 26; 5. Gabellini 21; 6. Longo 20; 7. Scribano 18; 8. Garzaro 17; 9. Klazen 14; 10. Gellner 12; 11. Blaha 5; 12. Ciacci 0.
VESPA CLASSIC 135cc
1. Piacentini; 2. Delbianco; 3. Leaso; 4. Segnini; 5. Costa; 6. Zannini; 7. Cristofani.
1. Delbianco; 2. Piacentini; 3. Costa; 4. Leaso; 5. Segnini; 6. Mantovani; 7. Zannini; 8. Cristofani.
1. Delbianco 45; 2. Piacentini 45; 3. Leaso 29; 4. Costa 27; 5. Segnini 24; 6. Cristofani 18; 7. Mantovani 10; 8. Benini 9; 9. Zannini 9; 10. Meneghetti 0.
SCOOTER FANS 70cc EVOLUTION
1. Zani; 2. Zanetti; 3. Prischi; 4. Fogliani; 5. Lussana; 6. Nuti; 7. Pagliaccia; 8. Maestri; 9. Angeli; 10. Menchini; 11. Ceriotti; 12. Petrakov; 13. Modena; 14. Nordera; 15. Nardini; 16. Brignoli; 17. Inversini; 18. Bortignon; 19. Mazzarolo; 20. Cecchi Rocchetti.
1. Zani; 2. Fogliani; 3. Nuti; 4. Modena; 5. Pagliaccia; 6. Maestri; 7. Ceriotti; 8. Petrakov; 9. Prischi; 10. Lussana; 11. Angeli; 12. Menchini; 13. Nordera; 14. Nardini; 15. Rossi; 16. Brignoli; 17. Inversini; 18. Cecchi Rocchetti; 19. Zanetti; 20 Bortignon; 21 Mazzarolo
1. Zani 50; 2. Fogliani 33; 3. Nuti 26; 4. Prischi 23; 5. Pagliaccia 20; 6. Zanetti 20; 7. Maestri 18; 8. Lussana 17; 9. Modena 16; 10. Ceriotti 14; 11. Petrakov 12; 12. Angeli 12; 13. Menchini 10; 14. Nordera 5; 15. Nardini 3; 16. Rossi 1; 17. Marchesi, Brignoli, Inversini, Cecchi Rocchetti, Bortignon, Mazzarolo 0
SCOOTER 94 BIG EVOLUTION OPEN
1. Bartolini; 2. Morelli; 3. Rota; 4. De Carolis; 5. Vitali; 6. Pelle; 7. Brignoli; 8. Mihael; 9. Frisoni; 10. Buna.
1. Bartolini; 2. Morelli; 3. Vitali; 4. Righetti; 5. Scribano; 6. De Carolis; 7. Rota; 8. Pelle; 9. Frisoni; 10. Mihael; 11. Brignoli; 12. Buna.
1. Bartolini 50; 2. Morelli 40; 3. Vitali 27; 4. Rota 25; 5. De Carolis 23; 6. Pelle 18; 7. Frisoni 14; 8. Mihael 14; 9. Brignoli 14; 10. Righetti 13; 11. Scribano 11; 12. Buna 10.
PIT BIKE 125cc 4T
1. Cuttitta; 2. Fabbri; 3. Camorcia; 4. Carminati; 5. Risi L.; 6. Lauro; 7. Risi F.; 8. Mammi.
1. Cuttitta; 2. Fabbri; 3. Lauro; 4. Camorcia; 5. Mammi; 6. Carminati; 7. Risi L.; 8. Risi F..
1. Cuttitta 50; 2. Fabbri 40; 3. Camorcia 29; 4. Lauro 26; 5. Carminati 23; 6. Risi L. 20; 7. Mammi 19; 8. Risi F. 17.