THOR 190 EVO
Thor 190 Evo engines feature new technical solutions studied to improve the weight/power ratio, stability and grant an unforgettable flying experience.
Here the details:
1) Piston with new profile, that improves the performance and reduce the wear of the piston rings
2) Modified carburetor with new setting and specific filter. The new setting, beyond granting a power increase to 8000 RPM, improves the power output which is more linear and constant. The filter, re-designed in its intake holes, grants a noise reduction and makes the carburetion adjustment easier .
3) Exhaust system: it is divided into two sections with manifold with spherical connection and fixed on natural rubber suspensions that grant longer life. The exclusive new springs with steel hooks make them stronger and offer the possibility to be better fastened.
4) Transmission belt: made with special material for a better grip, less servicing, more stability, longer life and better power output.
5) Flash starter with new design, with its starter spring profile entirely revisited, is made of carbon steel, with exclusive Polini formula that grants a longer life. To improve the fixing, screws with M6 reinforced section have been used.
6) New shroud design which optimizes the forced air flow improving the engine cooling.
Polini THOR 190 EVO engines feature two stroke 193cc engine, with really reduced weight of 13,6 kg, transmission with belt gearing-down, compact dimension but powerful.
It has been designed to meet the needs of those “pilots” who are willing to use a really performing engine with reduced weight.
The project and test have required many tests and many hours of flight to grant the best performance and safety requirements.
For the most exigent pilots 4 different models are available:
- THOR 190 EVO
- THOR 190 EVO WITH ELECTRIC STARTER
- THOR 190 WITH CENTRIFUGAL CLUTCH
- THOR 190 WITH CENTRIFUGAL CLUTCH AND ELECT. STARTER
Belt transmission with 2,83 reduction ratio. To reduce and contains vibrations a new crankshaft with distributed and optimized rotating weights has been designed for this specific transmission system. In order to resist to the belt strength, a special bearing has been housed on the transmission case side. It can stand a transversal load 10 times higher than the standard roller bearings. It lets the belt have a constant stretch.
SPECIFIC POWER UNIT
The power unit with 193cc displacement, 64mm bore and 60mm stroke, is cast in light alloy. It offers the maximum performance with 27 hp power at 8000 rev/min. even at the maximum working temperature. The cylinder liner has a nickel-chrome coating for the best piston sliding. The piston is gravity die-cast in light alloy at high silicon content with 2 chromed and nitride steel rings. The new profile improves the performance and reduce the piston ring wear.
The exhaust system is completely hand made for a better product quality. The muffler has been designed to achieve a compact design, contained dimensions and to reduce its weight. The reduced overall dimensions improve the aerodynamic and grant a low noise level.
The forced air cooling system grants a better air cooling, optimizing the performance and maintaining fixed- temperatures.
The frame-engine fixing points of the Polini Thor 190 Light are exactly the same as the other engines: Thor 80, Thor 130, Thor 200 and Thor 250.
The other models of Thor 190 EVO engine are:
THOR 190 EVO WITH CENTRIFUGAL CLUTCH
Thor 190 EVO is also available with the centrifugal clutch studied to grant the maximum safety features during the engine preparation, take-off, flight and landing. This model weights 14,4 kg. It includes the Flash starter.
THOR 190 EVO WITH ELECTRIC STARTER
Thor 190 EVO is also available with electric starter without centrifugal clutch. This model includes the battery charger and a 12V electric connection for the flight instruments. This model weights 14,9 kg. The engine comes with battery, starter relay and throttle control.
THOR 190 EVO WITH CENTRIFUGAL AND CLUTCH ELECTRIC STARTER
The full optional model fits the centrifugal clutch, flash starter, electric starter, 12V electric connection, battery, relay, and throttle control.
Part numbers and public prices:
- 928.000.050 THOR 190 EVO- EURO 2.180,00
- 928.000.051 THOR 190 EVO WITH CENTRIFUGAL CLUTCH - EURO 2.450,00
- 928.000.052 THOR 190 EVO WITH ELECTRIC STARTER - EURO 2.520,00
- 928.000.053 THOR 190 EVO WITH CENTR. CLUTCH AND ELECT. STARTER EURO 2.720,00
|Polini Engine||2 stroke monocylinder|
|Bore for stroke||64 x 60|
|Power||27 HP a 8000 R.P.M.|
|Cylinder||Aluminum with Gilnisil coating|
|Piston||Two chromium plated rings mm 1|
|Intake||Reed valve in the crankcase|
|Air filter||Air box|
|Ignition||Electronic with inductive discharge|
|Battery charger prearrangement||Output power 80 W at 5500 RPM (with electric starter only)|
|Spark plug hood||5k Ω resistance|
|Fuel type||Lead free petrol with 2% synthetic oil|
|Gear reduction unit||Belt transmission with 2,83 reduction ratio|
|Starter (Option electric starter)||Pull starter with self-winding rope.|
|Clutch||Dry centrifugal (for model with clucth only)|
|Muffler||Expansion with aluminum silencer|
|Engine weight||13,6 Kg - 14,4 Kg with clutch - 14,9 Kg with electric starter|